Saturday, August 22, 2009

Susan Tedeschi: Like a librarian?


Just about the only down side of my job is that I have to work late on Fridays, typically leaving the office around 7:30 or 8 p.m.

And so I knew it would be impossible to get off early enough to catch Susan Tedeschi in concert at the Oregon Zoo Ampitheatre. Here's what I missed, according to The Oregonian's Lynne Terry: "Susan Tedeschi roars through show at Oregon Zoo."

I was amused by Lynne's description of Susan as looking like a librarian -- you be the judge. It made me think of My Morning Jacket's song, "Librarian." Listen here:
http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=4250396&albumid=8079604

And, not to overlook Susan, here are links to the two songs referenced in the review: "700 Houses" and "People."

If there's any consolation for me, it's knowing that at least I did see Susan at the the Aladdin Theatre seven months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment