Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I Can't Wait"

Valerie Day
I can't wait ... to make this correction.

A few days ago, in noting that my iTunes library had reached 2,000 songs, I posted a video of Nu Shooz, performing their '80s hit "I Can't Wait." In it, I said with pride that lead singer Valerie Day and her husband, bass player John Smith, "still live in Portland's Irvington neighborhood."

Imagine my surprise when I noticed a comment three days from Valerie and John that said, "Thanks for the love, George!" When I went to my in box, there was an email -- again from Valerie and John -- that thanked me for mentioning the CD and gently pointed out: "We're not in Irvington anymore -- but still Portlanders....forever. :) "

Was it really them?

I wrote back and, yes, indeed it was Valerie herself. They've moved to another part of town (my lips are sealed) and they're doing most of the PR and marketing themselves for "Pandora's Box," the new CD by the NuShooz Orchestra.

Thanks to Google Alerts, my blog popped up. Valerie graciously offered to send me a couple of audio tracks and I'll try to post them as soon. (Translation: as soon as I can figure out how to upload them. Blogger doesn't provide an easy way to do it.)

In the meantime, I hope you'll take a listen and visit their website -- www.nushoozmusic.com -- to preview the entire CD. I've listened to it all and will be buying it soon.


Photo by Sherri Diteman

No comments:

Post a Comment