Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gettin' nekkid

Gettin' nekkid? or Getting naked?

Hmmm....

Let's consult the Urban Dictionary:

"Nekkid is not simply being without clothing--It means you are gettin' nekkid for mischevious (sic) purposes."

"The art of being naked; being clothless (sic) whilst performing humorous things."

"When ya aint got no clothes on and yer up ta no good."

Well, then, here's the story:

I went down to the old Northeast Y for my Sunday swim at mid-day. Happily, I had the middle lane to myself, flanked by one person on my left and one person on my right. I was halfway through my 24 laps back and forth when I noticed something didn't quite feel right.

I came to a stop at the end of the pool and peered down through my goggles. My tangerine-colored swimming trunks had come apart at the seam, just below the waist, and the fabric had pretty peeled away down my right leg to just above the knee. In other words, I had a gaping hole exposing my thigh and my backside.

Fortunately, it's my practice to wear briefs beneath the trunks so everyone was spared a cheeky view. I grabbed as much fabric as I could and stuffed it into my waistband, hoping it wouldn't come loose during the rest of the swim. Of course, it did and I had to repeat the procedure a couple more times.

The takeaway from this little story? On the one hand, it made me think back and ponder when was the last time I "got nekkid for mischevious (sic) purposes" in public? Does skinny dipping at a motel count? How about the soaking tubs at Doe Bay? Or what about that time... ? On the other hand, would I really divulge that on this blog? Nah.

I guess being "nekkid" or "naked" comes down to intent. In which case, I plead "no contest" to unintentionally partially naked.

Photo: Fotosearch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment