Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Here Comes The Sun"



Literally and musically, I'd say we've been overdue...

Can't remember the last time we had a truly sunny day. Must have been at least three weeks ago. Since then, nothing but a constant drip, with occasional periods of overcast skies and a random burst of rain that pelts you and drives you inside.

So today was a nice surprise when I got up to run and saw nothing but blue. Shoot, I could have worn sunglasses this morning.

Invariably, George Harrison's timeless song popped into my head. It dates back to 1969 and The Beatles' "Abbey Road" album. This is probably my favorite composition by the so-called Quiet Beatle, who died in November 2001 at age 57. (Whoa. Just realized I'm the same age.)

The above clip is from a 1987 benefit concert for needy British children. Nice to see George and Ringo, along with Phil Collins on the drums, poofy-haired Eric Clapton on guitar and a subdued Elton John on keyboards.
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

No comments:

Post a Comment