Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Short Stuff, Part 2

I began the month attempting to be succinct. I'll end it trying to be brief with a humorous edition of "Short Stuff."

 -- Santa pays an early visit. Our son Jordan and his wife Jamie stayed with us over the long holiday weekend. After we said our goodbyes Saturday, we went back inside to the garage and discovered Jordan had been a little too efficient in packing up for the drive back home to Olympia. He took the snowboard and a sackful of winter clothing that we'd been storing for him, but he also unwittingly took another bagful of Christmas presents that Lori had set aside. Who knew Santa lived in Olympia? :)

-- Fall leaves bring a fall. Over the years, I've had my share of mishaps when running on city streets and in nearby parks -- and it never fails to amuse my family. I'll trip over a curb, skin my knees and come home with blood running into my socks or slip on a muddy trail and come home looking like I wrestled Sasquatch. On Friday, I was four blocks from home and running in the street when I suddenly went sprawling headfirst, arms extended like a diver. A thick coat of leaves had totally covered up a speed bump. D'oh. I bounced up, like Ichiro Suzuki stealing second base, and didn't miss a beat.

-- For sale by owner. Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 45 volumes. Excellent condition. No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything. *

* Thanks to The Edge, The Oregonian's humor column.

No comments:

Post a Comment