Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A to Z music challenge: Mission accomplished!

 I began this month with a challenge to myself: Pick out a favorite artist for each letter of the alphabet and post a corresponding music video.

It was a fun exercise and now it's complete, with a couple of days to spare. I came up empty on the letter "X" but otherwise I'm done. Here's the list in reverse alphabetical order.

I welcome any feedback -- corrections, additions, condemnations, whatever. Even if none is forthcoming, I've now got a little archive to call up anytime.

Z is for Led Zeppelin
Y is for Neil Young
W is for Lucinda Williams
V is for Stevie Ray Vaughan
U is for U2
U is Keith Urban
T is for Susan Tedeschi
S is for Sade
R is for the Rolling Stones
Q is for Queen
P is for Pink Martini
O is for Joan Osborne
N is for Stevie Nicks

M is for Joni Mitchell
L is for John Legend
K is for Alison Krauss
J is for Norah Jones
I is for James Ingram
H is for Mayer Hawthorne
G is for Patty Griffin
F is for Fleetwood Mac
E is for Earth, Wind & Fire
D is for The Doobie Brothers
D is for Duffy
C is for Camera Obscura
B is for Anita Baker
A is for The Allman Brothers Band

Image by Pixomar

No comments:

Post a Comment