Sunday, May 22, 2011

U is for U2

If it seems U2 has been around forever, well, I guess that's because it's true. The band formed in Dublin in 1976, released their first collection of songs in 1980 and since then have become of the biggest bands ever, with about a dozen albums to their credit.

With Bono on vocals and The Edge on guitar, they've crafted a style and sound all their own, perfectly suited to big arenas and international stages. 

People seem to either love or hate Bono. I think he's a great musician and a bit of a prima donna, sure, but also someone I give props to for his support of humanitarian and philanthropic causes.

What's indisputable is the band's incredible body of work, including:

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
"Beautiful Day"
"Angel of Harlem"

Just to mention a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment