Friday, May 22, 2009

Furlough Day No. 2

I'll be away from computers this weekend while Lori and I head up to our island getaway in the San Juan Islands.

There's nothing like the serenity that comes from literally getting away from it all. It's a day of travel, to be sure. Five hours on the freeway, one hour by ferry, 45 more minutes by car before we reach our destination: Eagle Lake on Orcas Island.

After a weekend of missed phone calls (again!), we hope to hear from Jordan sometime during the long Memorial Day break.

Looking forward to rest, relaxation and maybe a little bit of recreation as I take my second furlough day from the newspaper.

P.S. On the video bar to your right, check out the Serbian guitarist I discovered recently on emusic: Ana Popovic. Fourth song down ("Sitting' on Top of The World") is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment