Friday, March 5, 2010

Good news for Simone

It used to be that college admission letters arrived in your mailbox starting in April. You knew the difference between the thin and thick envelopes and hoped you got the latter.

Nowadays the notification comes in an email in early March. Click here, click there and you find you're in or you're out.

And so, as I write this, I'm happy to say that Simone is celebrating her admission to two graduate schools of public policy: at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh and New York University.

She texted me earlier today to join her and her friends for some drinks after work. And that's why I'm knocking out this quick post to send a shout-out to my daughter so I can leave work, get on home and maybe, with Lori, join the celebration.

Simone will hear from three more schools, all on the East Coast, in the next few days and I have a hunch she'll be celebrating again.

More to come as details emerge...

No comments:

Post a Comment