Sunday, May 1, 2011

A is for The Allman Brothers Band

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then let me plead guilty to stealing a clever idea.Fellow blogger Rachel just completed an A to Z April Challenge, during which she posted something everyday on her blog (except Sundays) whose theme related to that day's letter of the alphabet.

I liked what I saw on her website, Perfect Sand, and I thought, "Wouldn't that be fun to do with music?" So here goes: my own A to Z Music month, starting with the classic Southern rock band that I used to love, love, love when I was in college.

Saw The Allman Brothers Band once at the old Cow Palace in San Francisco. Killer show.

They lost two members -- Duane Allman and Berry Oakley -- in motorcycle accidents and then things got weird. Gregg Allman married Cher. Dickey Betts got kicked out of the band for drug use. (Not the first time that's ever happened to a musician.)

Delighted to find this fairly recent clip from a Letterman show:

No comments:

Post a Comment