Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coming attraction


Been a while since I posted a music video that basically spoke for itself. So here goes with KT Tunstall, a Scottish rocker who's coming to Portland on Halloween night. I'm planning to go see her at the Crystal Ballroom, a small venue where I expect she'll alternate between rockin' the place and doing some cool acoustic stuff.

"Suddenly I See" is from her debut album, "Eye to the Periscope" and the version above is from when she performed on "Later...with Jools Holland," a British music television show. KT plays the guitar and percussion in this video, and the last minute of the clip is very cool.

The video below is more recent. Same song, but longer version in a different venue: The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize awards. Can't decide which I like better, but I think I lean toward the Jools Holland version.

Lyrics are nice, too:

Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm


No comments:

Post a Comment