Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ah, exercise...

Enough of the Ducks. Enough blather about our new townhome. Time to see if I'm still capable of writing short blog posts. That was the original intention, anyway, when I started doing this blog last spring.

Went for a brrrrrisk run Saturday morning (temps in the mid-30s) and then to the Northeast Community Center today for a swim -- my first exercise in two weeks! I ran twice while in the Medford area for Jordan's wedding -- both times along the Rogue River in the little community of Shady Cove -- but put things on hold once we returned to Portland. Too many things going on involving the move.

It felt great, especially yesterday. Not just getting some fresh air into my lungs, but also seeing familiar sights from a new vantage point. I headed out to North Mississippi and Skidmore, and it occurred to me that I'm going to have a lot of fun exploring new running routes, now that we've moved just a couple miles to the west. It'll be that much easier to reach downtown by crossing one of the Willamette River bridges. And that will give me an excellent view of the Portland skyline.

Photo: dogparkmom.com/blog/?p=302

No comments:

Post a Comment