Saturday, January 23, 2010

A boy and his dog

Scrolling through my photo archive the other day, I came across this picture of Jordan and Max. Two words: fond memories.

It was taken in 2008, I think, on one of our trips to Orcas Island. If you click on the photo to get a full-size image, you'll see signage in the background that makes it clear we were on board the ferry that crosses from Anacortes to Eastsound.

Jordan would typically sit in the back seat while Lori and I switched off as driver and front-seat passenger. And Max, rest his soul, would plop his big old head on the lowered head rest between the seats.

Max's last trip to the island was March 2009 ("Losing Max"). Thinking about it now, I guess Jordan's last visit to the cabin was the previous summer or fall. I know he misses the island vibe as much as we do.

If all goes as planned, Lori and I will head up there sometime in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment