Friday, February 18, 2011

'That's Entrainment'



Just for fun, thought I'd post a cool little video from one of the greats, Van Morrison. I first heard his distinctive voice way, way back when I was in junior high school on the classic song "Gloria."

Like most everyone else of my generation, "Moondance" and "Into The Mystic" and "Brown Eyed Girl" have embedded themselves deep into my brain.

It was nice to refresh my appreciation of his music and his unmistakable voice last week. His 2008 album "Keep It Simple" was the first one I popped into the CD player of the rental car as I drove I-10 from Phoenix to Tucson.

Love this song. And, no, that's not a typo. As he explained when the album was released: "Entrainment is when you connect with the music...Entrainment is really what I'm getting at in the music...It's kind of when you're in the present moment - you're here - with no past or future."

Interested in the lyrics? Here's a link, courtesy of www.metrolyrics.com

Bonus: If you liked the video, here's another, a bluesy tune from the same album, "Don't Go To Nightclubs Anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment